The 26th ranked Maria Kirilenko selected sunny yellow and bright pink for her shoes. Kirilenko‘s nickname Makiri, her lucky number 21 and the Russian flag are embroidered on the back heel.
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova has built a pink Barricade to showcase her favorite color, with her nickname Nastia and the Russian flag emblazoned on the back.
As part of the collaborative “Grand Slam” series between New Jersey’s Packer Shoes and Reebok, the US Open edition of the Reebok Court Victory Pump is now available. You can buy them online on Packer Shoes website.
I’ve had the chance to win 2 entry tickets for the Optima Open, the belgian stop of the ATP Champions Tour, so I spent a nice day last Friday in Knokke-Heist, Belgium.
Situated in the heart of the country’s Flemish-speaking Flanders region, Knokke-Heist is considered to be one of Belgium’s most exclusive and affluent seaside resorts.
Enjoy the second part of Mike’s report about his son’s experience at the Sanchez Casal Academy.
Notes on Living in Castedellfels!
- We didn’t rent a car. Walked/Renfe/Metro everywhere and loved it! Watch your step on the sidewalks –dog crap. A Barcelona tradition?
- Best rotisserie chicken and cerdo (pork ribs): Dos Cabelleros and Rotisserie Pineda. Rober’s at Playafels for good cheap eats. Fruites Selectes Rosa in downtown for fresh fruit & veggies. Say hi to Carlos and his wife Rosa! Gailot is the high-end meat and cheese shop. Try their 3 Euro wine –it’s excellent!!! Excellent service at all these places.
- Convenience store: the Depaso gas station on Pineda is a life saver! Make their bread and pastries right there. Awesome 65 cent coffee from the Zannusi machine.
- Renfe (commuter train) can be unreliable in morning. Beware!
- Playafels at night can be over-run with rowdy tourists. Not where the locals eat and hang out. We LOVED SITGES. SPEND TIME THERE INSTEAD!
- Be prepared for more city noise at night –dogs barking, people milling around. Apartment buildings tend to have bad sound insulation. Bring a sound machine and ear plugs to get through the night.
Best Places to Eat & Buy Stuff!
You can count on the DEPASO on Ave Pineda!