Roland Garros 2016

How to buy French Open tickets

Here’s my guide to help you buy tickets for Roland Garros, the second Slam of the season. If you have any question, feel free to ask below, I’ll do my best to answer.

The events

Serena Williams, Roland Garros 2015

Qualifyings – 21 to 25 May 2018

Tickets give access to the entire public area within the stadium. Courts 6 to 18 have unreserved seating and are open to all. Court Suzanne Lenglen is also open to all spectators to watch players from the main draw practising before the tournament starts. (Check out my report from last year’s qualifyings 3 days at Roland Garros: Rafa, Andy, Petra and more).

Roland Garros Kids’ Day – 26 May 2018

Roland Garros Kids’ Day is a charity event, devoted to fund raising for charitable organisations. On Kids’ Day, exhibition matches are scheduled on the three main courts, with plenty of other activities and practice sessions on the other courts and throughout the stadium.

French Open – 27 May to 10 June 2018

Since 2006 the French Open has started on a Sunday, that means the first round is played over three days from Sunday to Tuesday. Every other round is played over two days. Unlike the Australian and US Opens, there is no night session, only a day session.

Legends Trophy – 5 to 10 June 2018

The Legends Trophy (Trophée des Légendes) brings together twenty-four of history’s greatest champions, grouped according to age in the two men’s draws, and twelve former women’s tennis stars. Matches are played on court 1 and court Suzanne Lenglen during the second week of the French Open and can be watched by holders of outside courts tickets.

Wheelchair tennis tournament – 7 to 9 June 2018

The wheelchair tennis tournament is held during the second week of the French Open. All wheelchair tennis matches can be watched by holders of outside courts tickets.

Check out the provisional schedule.

The courts

Court Philippe Chatrier, Roland Garros 2015
Tickets for show courts (Philippe Chatrier, Suzanne Lenglen, court number one) also give access to the outside courts; you will be assigned an allocated seat for the whole day. On the outside courts, seating is on a first come first served basis, there is no allocated seat.

Court Philippe Chatrier

Court Philippe Chatrier was built in 1928 as Roland Garros’s centerpiece and remains its principal venue, seating 14,840 spectators. The stadium was known simply as “Court Central” until 1998, when it was renamed for Philippe Chatrier, the long-time president of the Fédération Française de Tennis (FFT) who helped restore tennis as a Summer Olympics sport in 1988.

Plan_CourtPC

Court Suzanne Lenglen

The secondary Roland Garros stadium with a capacity of 10,068 spectators, the court Suzanne Lenglen was built in 1994. Suzanne Lenglen, born in 1899, was the first female tennis celebrity and one of the first international female sport stars, named La Divine (the divine one) by the French press.

Court Suzanne Lenglen Roland Garros

Court One

Nicknamed the “Bullring” because of its circular shape – is a favorite among serious tennis fans because of its relatively small size ( 3,800 seats) and feeling of close proximity to the action.

Court 1 Roland Garros

Outside courts

Courts 3 to 18. Outside courts and have been the scene of some stunning French Open upsets in the past. In the early rounds of the tournament, outside courts are also the place to be to watch the top players practicing.

The tickets

Novak Djokovic, Roland Garros 2015

Individual tickets

Single all day tickets: Allow a reserved seat on one of the show courts (Chatrier, Lenglen and Court 1) and/or unlimited access to the outside courts. From €20 on outside courts, from €50 on Chatrier.

Evening Visitors from 27 May to 6 June: Tickets to outside courts or one of the show courts from 5pm. Pre-book your tickets from 5 pm on the evening before the day you wish to attend. From €12.

Multi day passes

Multi-day passes available:
– semifinals: Thursday 7 and Friday 8 June. From €265.
– finals: Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 June. From €290.

Premium packages

All Premium packages include one ticket to the Court Philippe-Chatrier or Suzanne-Lenglen and dedicated services: lounges, dining, hotels … Premium ticket sales open on March 7. More details on the official website.

Booking limits

– 1 order and payment per person: Only one payment may be made per credit card (for the same card number). Bank e-cards or virtual credit cards shall not be accepted.
– 4 tickets for the main courts over the entire tournament.
– 12 tickets for the outside courts over the entire tournament
– no limit for qualifyings or Roland Garros Kids’ Day

How to order tickets

Court Chatrier, Roland Garros 2015

Keep in mind that there are no ticket sales at the stadium itself before or during tournament. All bookings have to be made before the event. The tickets sell out really fast, so you better be prepared.

There are only 2 ways to legally buy tickets:
– the official Roland Garros website
– official French Open agencies that propose exclusively VIP tickets and corporate hospitality offers. You can find the complete list here.

Roland Garros website

Ticket sales open to the general public on March 21. Tickets are sold on a first come first served basis, so check out the website in advance to plan what days and courts you would like tickets for.

The e-tickets need to be printed and will be scanned at the entrance gate of the stadium, where a pass will be printed in the name of the ticketholder. These will be checked against an ID to enter the stadium.

From mid-April, you can also resell tickets via Roland Garros website and buy tickets up until the day of the event, depending on their availability. Find out how to buy resale tickets.

Tips to order your French Open tickets

– create your account in advance
– tickets are sold on a first come first served basis, so check out the website in advance to plan what days and courts you would like tickets for
– write down the tickets you want to order
– check out the booking limits: only one order and payment per person
– no need to try to log in at midnight on the first day, tickets sale open at 10am Paris time (9am GMT)
– don’t refresh your browser page, you would only lose your place in the queue
– if you didn’t get the tickets you wanted, try again from mid-April

If you manage to get tickets and want to share your pictures and stories on Tennis Buzz, please leave a comment below.

Read also:
Roland Garros FAQs
How to buy Roland Garros resale tickets
How to get last minute Roland Garros tickets

Comments
333 Responses
  1. Malli says:

Hi Ludmilla,

I am planning to come to Paris on 11th of June. I dont have Mens signles final tickets. However i am planning to take outside court tickets on this day. I hope that there will be big screens showing live stream of the match. Is it a good idea to watch from the outside courts?

2. Malli says:

Hi Ludmilla,

There are no show court tickets available on June 11th. Is there any chance of getting a outside court tickets on June 11th?

3. ludmilla says:

@Malli I guess people will resale their tickets, I can’t say for sure. Yes there are big screens showing the matches.

4. Neha says:

@Malli-Show court tickets are available sometimes online. Keep checking online. I saw finals tickets also but it was bought before I clicked.

5. ludmilla says:

@Sarat Check out this article to prepare your day at Roland Garros http://tennis-buzz.com/a-few-tips-for-your-day-at-roland-garros/

6. Sarat says:

@ludmilla- thanks for the info. I am about to get my refund processed.

It was bad luck with the QFs. Fortunately, nothing happened with the semis and finals. I was able to watch the three matches 🙂

I plan to write a detailed article on my experience within a couple of weeks.

7. ludmilla says:

That’s great! I’m waiting for your article. Do you have a few pictures too?

8. Gail says:

Hi, I am interested in getting tickets next year for either the Men’s Semis or Finals. I won’t need to be up close & I won’t need VIP treatment. Can you tell me an expected price range?

9. Sarat says:

@ludmilla: I’m unable to post any comments. If you can give me your email ID, I’ll mail you my article and pics I took during the tournament 🙂

10. Marty says:

What about 2018 info for purchasing tickets for the qualifying and first rounds?

11. ludmilla says:

You’ll have to wait til January to have all the details

12. Kamilla says:

Does anyone know when the sales of tickets for the 2018 torunament will start? I’m considering going for the qualifyings,
    please advice.
    regards,
    Kamilla

13. ludmilla says:

It has not be announced yet, but probably in March.

14. Bex says:

I’m looking for tickets to the French open and o can see there are some on line on various website just now. Are these valid tickets?

15. ludmilla says:

As explained in the article above, there are only two ways to buy tickets are the Roland Garros website and official agencies that sell hospitality + tickets. Tickets will be put on sale early 2018

16. Eva says:

I would like to go in 2018 for 1st round matches. I would like to see Rafa playing. Is there a way to know on which day he will start playing to buy tickets in advance in march?

17. ludmilla says:

Hi Eva,
    No there is no way to know when he’ll play. It depends on his seeding, which part of the draw he is…

18. Eva says:

I mean because he is the defending champion. Is there a system when they start? Thanks

19. ludmilla says:

No, it’s different from Wimbledon, at Roland Garros it depends on the part of the draw, the ranking…

20. GHARPURE says:

i want to see matche on All 3 main courts on different days. can one buy ticket for 1sr session foronecourt & ticket for other courtforv2 nd sessio?

21. ludmilla says:

Hi Gharpure, you want to buy 2 tickets for the same day? What do you mean by session? There’s only a day session at Roland Garros.

22. Terry says:

I’m confused. Buying tickets online, I can only buy 4 tickets for the entire tournament per order/creditcard? So, if my wife and I want to go we can order only 2 pairs of seats? We can only attend two matches together the whole time? And if this is so can my wife order 4 tickets (pairs for 2 matches) on her credit card and then I can order 2 pairs with my account and credit card for we can attend 4 matches together as a couple for the entire tournament? Thanks in advance.

23. ludmilla says:

Yes, that’s the rule:
    – 4 tickets for the main courts over the entire tournament.
    – 12 tickets for the outside courts over the entire tournament.
    You can indeed create another account with another credit card and buy more tickets.

24. Susan Maiers says:

Please advise how to buy four VIP tickets for Tuesday 29 May RG.

25. ludmilla says:

Hi Susan,
    More info here: https://tickets.rolandgarros.com/en/public/packages-and-prices
    Packages are on sale from March 7

26. EmmaH says:

Hi There
    I definitely want to get two tickets for the central court 4th round on Monday 4th June (it’s a present for my husband’s 60th birthday).

What would you say my chances are of getting these if I am ready and online at 10am on 21st March (when the general public sale starts)? Or should I purchase a package/premium tickets to be sure to get these?

Many Thanks, Emma,

27. ludmilla says:

Hi Emma,
    I would say your chance are pretty good. Don’t forget to create your account in advance, write down the tickets you want to order so that you don’t make mistake, don’t lose time trying to find out where are the seats…
    If you don’t get the tickets you want you can buy resale tickets later or premium packages but it’s overpriced in my opinion

28. Genna-Leigh says:

Hi there 🙂

I would love to buy tickets for my husband and I to see the mens semi finals but im a little unsure about how r=to go about it……please can you advise on how to do this

Can I buy 2 tickets to mens semi final 1 (75 euros x 2) on my credit card and then my husband buys 2 tickets to mens semi final 2 on his card (75 euors x 2) so that we will see both games? Will these seats definitely be next to each other?

29. ludmilla says:

@Genna-Leigh yes you can. You need to create an account for you and one account for your husband. Beware it’s quite difficult to get tickets for the semis.

30. Shirley says:

Hello, my husband and i are going to Paris for the French Open in 2018. We see tickets available now from various sites.are any of the pre-ticket companies legit? Tennis ticket service.com from Netherrlands has tickets available now, but we are afraid to purchase. Do you think we’ll be able to get tickets sitting together if we wait till the official site starts to sell?

31. ludmilla says:

Hi Shirley,

prices on this site are about 3 x the normal price! The official and unofficial agencies are listed here: https://tickets.rolandgarros.com/en/general/informations#official-agencies
    Which days do you want to attend the tournaments?
    I always advice to buy via the official website

32. HELENA says:

Hello,

Great article! Keep up the good work!

We are two friends and we want to watch R.G. for 3 days, all in show courts (six tickets in total).
    Do we have to create 2 accounts on R.G. website and use 2 credit cards?

And if we find tickets for the show courts only the 2 days, and the 3rd day we choose outside courts, what happens then?

Thank you in advance for your help!

33. ludmilla says:

Hi Helena,

If you want to buy 6 show courts tickets you need 2 different accounts and cards.
    You only need one card for 4 show courts and 2 outside courts tickets.

34. HELENA says:

Thank you for your answer! Hope that 21st of March will be our lucky day and find tickets!

35. ludmilla says:

You need to be online at 10 on the 21, be patient and everything will be ok ;o)

36. Tasmai says:

Hi All,

I am planning to book tickets to Semis and Finals for RG 2018. Tickets sale on the official RG website will be open from 21st March onwards. However I find many ticket re-sellers such as tennisticketsservice.com and ticketbis.net etc.

Are these agents authorised re-sellers?

And what are the chances of purchasing a ticket from the official website when the sale is open?

Appreciate your response.

37. ludmilla says:

Hi Tasmai,

As explained in the article, the only legal way to buy tickets is via the official website. The official agencies listed here: https://tickets.rolandgarros.com/en/general/informations#official-agencies sell packages

You go online on the 21st, and you try to have tickets, but it will be difficult for the semis and finals. Womens semis is much easier. You can also try resale tickets from April.

38. Carl says:

You advised Phil that there are no “outside court passes.” I think he meant tickets for just the outside courts, as opposed to the show courts. Please confirm that such tickets are in fact sold, as you earlier cite different prices for these two categories of tickets.

39. ludmilla says:

Hi Carl,

There are individual tickets for outside courts, but no multi-day passes for outside courts.

Multi-day passes available:
    – week end: Saturday 2 and Sunday 3 June. From €200 for 2 days on Lenglen, from €225 on Chatrier. –> Lenglen, Chatrier
    – semifinals: Thursday 7 and Friday 8 June. From €265. –> Chatrier
    – finals: Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 June. From €290 –> Chatrier

40. Jan says:

Isn’t there also a way to register for RG tickets at the Indoor Masters in Bercy? I feel like I’ve seen that, when I was there in 2016. Didn’t take a closer look though…

41. ludmilla says:

Hi Jan,

I don’t know if it still exists or if the rules have changed. But yes, you’re right, the day of your visit at Bercy you could pre-order RG tickets but only for certain days and certain categories.
    And when you’d buy multi-day Bercy passes you could pre-order RG tickets. It was something like: for one 2-day Bercy pass bought, you can pre-order one RG ticket.

42. Ellen says:

Hi, I want to buy a single ticket to the outside courts. I have to purchase this in advance as well? Do they sell out quickly?
    Thanks!

43. ludmilla says:

Hi Ellen,

Yes, you have to buy it in advance. Outside courts tickets don’t sell out as quickly but if you know the date you want to go just buy it.

44. Brian says:

How do I see what single day ticket prices will be? I couldn’t find it on the website. I want to go on Saturday June 2.

45. ludmilla says:

Hi Brian,

You just need to click on “Prices” and you’ve got all the details: https://fft-billetterie.cdn.prismic.io/fft-billetterie%2F654d8e1f-f204-4639-a5c4-d5c294219354_roland-garros+2018_tarifs_uk_.pdf

46. Gerald says:

About the ticket rouls… I can buy with my account 2 tickets for chatrier lets say for the 1the june and my friend can also buy 2 tickets for lenglen for the same day. Now we have to register them with our names one day till the 1the june but is this possible by the system? Can one name have 2 tickets with two accounts for one day? If yes the next problem will be the gate or? You can only walk through with one ticket and the other one is still to activate and I can‘t use is or?

47. Gerald says:

Rucksack is ok?

48. ludmilla says:

If I understand well, you want to enter the stadium with one Chatrier ticket and one Lenglen ticket? Not sure you’ll be able to do that.
    You must know that the ticket you buy and print is not your definitive ticket, to enter the stadium, you’ll have to scan the barcode of your ticket, collect the countermark, show your countermark and ID to the steward and then the steward decides if you can enter or not. You’ll then have to show the countermark to access the court.
    I guess you want to do that to be sure to see your fave player? You have a few options:
    – you buy a Chatrier ticket, and inside the stadium you exchange with someone who has got a Lenglen ticket
    – you buy a Chatrier ticket, and one the schedule of day is published, you sale your Chatrier ticket and buy a Lenglen ticket on RG website

Backpack under 15L are allowed