1. buy a metrocard and take n°7 train to get to the USTA Billie Jean King Center.
2. enter by the South Gate: the morning lines at the East Gate, right off the subway/LIRR, are the longest and slowest. Walk around the crowd and to the South Gate, which is directly in front of the Unisphere.
3. pack a bag: a see through bag is your best bet for fast cleaning security. Don’t forget your sunscreen, your sunglasses and a water bottle. There’s plenty of fountains to fill up your bottle.
4. buy a 3$ drawsheet with the matches schedule.
5. leave the US Open grounds to eat: it’s less crowded and cheaper.
6. scour the practice courts: you may watch your favorite player hit
balls for an hour.
7. watch some juniors matches: those kids are perhaps the next Rafael Nadal or Serena Williams.
8. watch some double matches: the matches are fast paced and you will finally see some serve and volley game!
9. attend a night session: the atmosphere is incredible and even sometimes electric.
10. US Open for free: check out the Qualifying Tournament and the Open Practice Day.
Enjoy your day at the US Open!